Monday 15 August 2011

If I could save time in a bottle...I'd probably lose the deposit on it.

   This post is going to look regrettably hurried.

   Uncle Fun and Sparky have already gone on ahead in the Funmobile to scout out Indianapolis for us, in preparation for IndyFringe, which opens officially on Friday. We'll be opening The Best Audience Ever on Saturday, August 20 at 4:30 PM, so we've got a bit of time to get acclimatized and make the rounds once we hit town.

   But those final little jobs before we leave home...hoo boy...

   The previews are over; we know we've got a show, as they say in the biz (we should have something else already, you ask yourselves?); but the last, bitter-end stages of preparation for going on tour always seem to obey Parkinson's Law--the work keeps expanding to fill the time available. It's moments like this that make me wish that Doctor Who was more than just something I use to avoid dealing with the fact that I don't want to use my time profitably at any given moment. Basically, what I need right now is Doctor Who's unique ability to nip backwards and forwards in time at will, and to be as many people as is deemed necessary by the need for an unassailably inexplicable plot device.


   That's enough of that...if I keep messing around uploading pictures, I'll be here 'til Christmas. There's more on IndyFringe at this link...in the meantime, we've got to get some more of those last-minute jobs done before the list starts getting longer on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment